Saturday, June 5, 2010

SPEAKING OF EXCUSES FOR FUN...

Jess is BAAAACK! And lucky for me, Lauren gave her an excuse to visit the east coast and... ME! Partaaaay! (side note: the other day, my middle-aged boss asked me who started the trend of writing words with repeated letters like that and was like, "even my wife will text me 'whateverrrrrrrrr' and 'thanksssss'" I thought it was pretty hilarious to hear his point of view about it; I do it without even noticing.) Anywayyyyyy, Jess came to NYC and Lauren joined her for a bit, and it was ridiculously fun to laugh and reminisce and get Jess up to speed with the world of worldliness. Unintentionally on the latter, of course.


I splurged and allowed myself to go to two of the three shows she saw during her visit, and although I had already seen In the Heights and loved it for the second time, I was particularly excited about Billy Elliot. It has been on my TO DO list forever, and it was so worth the wait. I loved to see this midget cast of dancing children, and our box seats made us feel pretty high class until we started hanging out over the edge to see the entire stage. Oops.
We stopped for a manicure... shocker... and jess made friends with the asians. Haha, she is more comfortable with Asians now than I am with my ghetto brothas and sistas. Or maybe a little more comfortable. But just a little.
Its always hard to have visiting friends leave and not know when our paths will cross again, but hopefully it won't be TOO long in this case. With my brother headed to her hometown, Eugene, Oregon, for college, our paths may cross sooner than later...

4 Comments {CLICK HERE TO COMMENT}:

Lauren Kay said...

1. I can't believe you talked Jess into a manicure! haha!
2. How exciting for Luke to go to Oregon! Hooray!
3. Thanks for a fabulous weekend!
4. Welcome home from the cruise!

Emma said...

nice clothes jessicaaaaaaaaard.

yay that luke's going to oregon!!

glad you guys had fun...:(

Unknown said...

hahah, i didn't realize i'm wearing like all of emma's clothes.

Unknown said...

also. i like how i only read blogs that feature ME as the main subject. woooow....