Thursday, June 11, 2009

I AM SO NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS

I took the title "I am SO not happy about this" from a direct quote from my mom. She said it in regards to having to leave me by myself in New York while we were on the subway one day.  I will admit that it was probably not the best idea to have her come spend a paranoid and terrified week in the place that I'd be living for the summer. The look on her face as she said that line was so priceless; we had a good laugh about it periodically throughout the rest of the day. But I am using the quote in a very different context today.


I was introduced to CRUMBS bakery last night, where I learned the true meaning of the word "cupcake." I almost cried it was so good. And here's the worst part of all, the part that I am SO not happy about: today Casey was so kind as to notify me of the Crumbs located one block{!} from my beloved apartment.  Ugh, why oh why!? Such cruelty and torture to have to refrain, and if I do decide to give in, I'll be saying goodbye to extra change and hello to twice the time at the gym. Not a good discovery, my friends.  Not a good one at all. Pray for me.

4 Comments {CLICK HERE TO COMMENT}:

abbie said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!! I want those so so bad.

Annie said...

When I come and visit, we will indulge! I truly feel for you. Good luck with your willpower!

Jennifer Garrison said...

too bad we live in the financial district...

Ashley said...

if you dont want to walk to the 2 blocks to crumbs, you can order from Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery (a lot of people will argue these are better than Margnolia or Crumbs) from Max Devlivery and they'll be delivered to your doorstep in approx 30 min. Here's their link: http://www.maxdelivery.com/nkz/exec/Category/Display?categoryId=2164