Thursday, March 5, 2009

THE FIRST OF MANY?



To those of you who don't know me, this may not seem like anything out of the blue, but I'm really not sure why you're reading my blog if you don't know me, so I'm going to go ahead and ignore you...

For those of you who DO know me, want to join me in celebration of a small yet momentous achievement? This past weekend in St. George I ran/biked in a Sprint Duathlon (which isn't really a word and I'm not sure why they didn't call it a biathlon, but you and I will both have to overlook that) and here's the kicker: I didn't DIE! woohoo (*pride sends shivers through my body) I actually didn't die! go me! Brad on the other hand did more than just "not die," he did the olympic length which is twice as long as the race I did. He was amazing. But let's not discount the small bit of amazing that I embodied as I crossed the finish line. It was my first race, so hopefully as I do more it will become less shocking when I actually finish them. But for now, the shock remains.

Here are some pictures of the weekend, starting with the race in St. George, then the escapades at FIESTA FUN, then finishing it off with a hike through Zion National Park:







2 Comments {CLICK HERE TO COMMENT}:

Olivia said...

I'm reading your blog and posting a comment. Because you want me to. And because I can't sleep due to DST...or... maybe it was the massive Sunday nap I took....Good to see you today! Brad's pretty cool.

Klane said...

Best opening paragraph evar! You've completely pumped me up to run the (comparatively lowly) Rex Lee Run this weekend... actually, you've made me want to run right now. Too bad it's 36° outside.