Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Shower a Day...

While we’ve been spending the last few days sitting inside the hotel lobby---which, let me go ahead and correct the mental image you get when you hear “hotel lobby” by telling you that this hotel lobby is more like a hot dorm clubhouse with fold out chairs and tables, mosquitoes, and stray dogs coming in and out as they please--- as I was saying, while we spent the last few days in the hotel lobby trying to stay away from the heat, I thought that the DR was hot, but not too too hot. OH no. Today when we spent the day outside and at the school we'll be working in I found out it’s not hot. That would be far too much of an understatement. I’m not sure there is a word to describe how hot I was today, but hopefully by saying that I have been showering everyday for the first time in about 8 years (those of you who know me know how big of a feat that is) you can begin to understand. It is HOT. I was dripping sweat even directly under a fan and not moving a muscle. I came here more worried about teaching Spanish, but now I am more worried that I am going to go mental one day and sprint out of the classroom in the direction of the beach.

2 Comments {CLICK HERE TO COMMENT}:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carly Girl,
It's so awesome to get to see and hear about your trip! Although I'm not sure I like the Local guys style of flirting. I don't quite get it and I guess either do they. lol
Kris and Chea left today. We had lots of fun.
How is the work going? How are the students?
Stay cool.
I love you and miss you.
MommaG

Lauren Kay said...

Oh Carly, I TOTALLY relate! We just got back from Egypt, and I was a sweaty mess before 8 am. I have NEVER been so hot in my entire life. I wanted to die. Sounds like you're having so much fun! Lots of love from the Middle East! --Lauren