Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dip Dip Dip and Other Such Cat Calls

The guys here have been trying everything they can to get our attention. The town is super small and it is the type of place where everyone knows everyone and everyone knows everyone’s business, so when 50 American girls come into town for the entire summer, they know exactly who we are, what we are doing here, and how long we’ll be here. Not exactly inconspicuous. Anyway, I’ve been hearing all sorts of cat calls, the most common of which is pssssss pssssss (otherwise known as hissing), and the most original of which was the “dip dip dip”-ing I heard tonight. He was walking next to my friends and I saying "dip! dip dip! dip!" I almost stopped and talked to the guy because my instinct was to support creativity and give the guy props, but I went with my better judgment and ignored them… be proud mom. I swear half the guys in Cabarete do nothing but stand on the side of the road and hiss at girls. It's so tight. I love it. Best, most rewarding lifestyle I've ever seen.

0 Comments {CLICK HERE TO COMMENT}: