Monday, October 11, 2010

ONCE, A LONG, LONG TIME AGO...


...I went on a cruise. I figured that now would be a good time to blog about it, since the memory is fading with age and "better late than never" is beginning to be my default life philosophy.  It is probably good that I waited because I got about 800 good pictures out of these glorious 9-days, and had I posted right away, you'd likely be stuck looking at at least 500 of them. Now that about 5 months have passed, I think I can dwindle it down to about 499! Success!

THE PRINCESS
My friend Jason had a great hook up with this cruise line which made it so that the 8 of us were able to go for 9 DAYS! Although you can see many windows on the side of this bad boy, our room is not behind one of them. We had 2 little cave-of-a-room's with 2 bunk beds each so we all got REAL close.
I don't think I have the time or energy to write about each port, so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

FIRST STOP: BERMUDA

PUERTO RICO
U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS- ST. THOMAS
GRAND TURK
CRUISIN

We were the only people under the age of 60 on the boat, so we had a good time being the only ones on every dance floor, competing in every show, and participating in every. single. activity.


I gained about 75 pounds eating amazing food non-stop. We had to order several entrees and desserts each night due to lack of decisiveness, and I am not one to turn down lobster AND steak when they are both being offered.
Needless to say, I had a pretty decent time. And made pretty decent friends. And came back decently pregnant. (Just makin sure you're still awake.)

5 Comments {CLICK HERE TO COMMENT}:

Angie said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea you did this! This is amazing! I had so much fun looking through your pictures. It looks like SOOOO much fun!!! Beautiful. Mmmm.... I need to go back to the Caribbean sometime.

Lauren Kay said...

Sounds like it was the perfect, hassle free, relaxing week! ;)

Lindsay said...

I WANT TO GO ONE A CRUISE! I have never seen a cruise look so fun! I am jealous!

Anna said...

Looks like a blast! You would definitely be an awesome cruising companion...When you really do get pregnant though, do not go on a cruise in the first trimester. NOT a good idea.

Anonymous said...

SO much fun to see you having SO much fun!!! You are one lucky girl. Live it up and up and up but don't get knocked up,ok ?!