Saturday, February 27, 2010

"IT'S BEEN A LONG NIGHT IN NEW YORK CITY"

Photobucket Photobucket
The John Mayer concert I went to a few nights ago was as amazing as expected (although it perhaps did not live up to the "Where the Light Is" tour, which I have watched on DVD multiple times—yep, I'm THAT cool). It was a last minute decision that left me feeling pretty darn good... or could that have been from the contact high? Nah, I think it was the music... although I can't quite remember...

Anyway, one of my favorite moments of the night was when John (first name basis) sang Who Says as his encore performance, and the crowd went CRAZY after the line, "It's been a long night in New York City." The first time he sang it the crowd was so loud that I had to get my camera out for the next chorus. It wasn't quite as loud the second time, but you can still hear the cheering. It was a really cool moment to be seeing John Mayer in such an epic venue. Glad I got a piece of it on video:


P.S. His body is a wonderland. No doubt about that, my friends.

3 Comments {CLICK HERE TO COMMENT}:

Angie said...

I follow John on Twitter (yep - I'm THAT cool) and only found out about his concert at MSG after he tweeted about it! I would've loved to go to that show. That man is amazing and I love him. He's just dripping with talent. His music is awesome, I never get sick of it. And I think he's hilarious, he has such a dry, sarcastic sense of humor and I don't think he takes himself too seriously anymore (despite what some people say about him being stuck on himself - I think they misunderstand his sarcasm). Basically I love JM and I am so jealous you went! I bet it was amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Jealous are we!!!! and yea- you are that cool. Its pretty amazingly awesome that you saw "HIM" at MSG. I saw Zak Brown tonight at San Diego Sports arena. How cool am I ? HA
Momma G

Abigail Kate said...

Lets talk about how you are coming to see me...that is all i can think about and I want so badly for time to pass more quickly