Sunday, July 5, 2009

LATELY.

I realized that I really only ever post about fun weekend activities, but the rest of the week ia also very blog-worthy, so here is a quick catch-up on what has been going on in the last little bit:


1. Somehow, up until Saturday it hadn't stopped raining ONE DAY since I got here one month ago (btw July 2nd was my month anniversary of living here... it has gone by so fast!) I think every pair of shoes I brought has been nearly demolished or water-logged. This is a pic from out of the window at my office:
Photobucket
2. I have been fortunate enough to be experiencing some really cool advertising processes, including being on set at Riverside Park for part of a commercial, watching the voice over be recorded, editing colors in film, editing layout in film, and so much more.  Each time I met great people and learned a lot about how much goes into making a commercial.  It is insane how much detailing is involved.  (and how much MONEY is involved) Did I mention that I am being fed like a queen and even got a massage at one of the editing houses one day? haha can you say CUSH?!!
Photobucket
3. I have been taste-testing tons of places around the city and definitely finding some favorites. Went to Rice to Riches the other night and this picture shows how many flavors I sampled before finally choosing.  Haha they loved me there!
Photobucket
4. I really like the other interns I work with, so that makes going to work much more fun.  This picture is of our conference room table where we meet to eat lunch together every day. This day was my birthday and people brought cupcakes, cookies and brownies. So nice of them, right? It was great.
Photobucket
5. You'd think I'd be getting the subway system down right? Well I know the trip to work and back with my eyes shut, but other than that, pretty much if I ever just assume I know where I'm going and don't whip out the trusty map, I end up in the wrong place, on the wrong train, and show up about an hour later than planned. It is quite unfortunate.

0 Comments {CLICK HERE TO COMMENT}: