Friday, May 23, 2008

Peace, Love, and Tiki Torches...


While spending a very speedy weekend in Oregon for Michelle's wedding, I got a bad case of wedding-planning-itis.  Other than the typical loud aunt who screamed with laughter during the toast (at things that were not meant to be funny) and a picture-taking uncle who didn't get the not-so-subtle hints from the hired photographer that he should stop with the whole "stand-behind-the-photographer-and-steal-all-the-pictures-with-your-own-camera" routine, it was a very beautiful wedding.  But we probably spent a good 10 hours solid discussing our OWN plans and that is what really got me goin... so here are some dreams of my own: reception on the beach, everyone barefoot, at sunset, tiki torches like at Turtle Bay in Oahu, and maybe not even have any "colors" except for off-white and super light colors that almost look white (not sure about that whole color part yet).  And I decided I want to start with food and a nice quiet reception but then have a dance... a good one.  A very good one. On the beach.  With tiki torches. Lots of love and tikis. Is that too much to ask for? I'll see you all there.

1 Comments {CLICK HERE TO COMMENT}:

Unknown said...

Hey, don't my comments count? Luke and I just spent quality time reading your blogs, missing you and cracking up. You are vewy, vewy, cleva ,funny girl. You get that from me. lol
Love ya,
Mom