Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'M A MINI-ME OF MY MOTHER. IT IS FRIGHTENING.

Looking through my pictures of last summer for blogging has made me SO ready for this summer to get here, and this winter weather outside is really pushing my buttons. Lucky for me, I am going on another cruise in two weeks! The Western Carribean is about to get you-know-what-slapped with this pale skin and I am NOT apologizing for it.

But back to last summer... my mom came to visit and we had a MUCH better time now that I've been here long enough to steer clear of the Bronx and Chinatown with her. But then, looking at the pictures, I noticed that we dressed similarly every day and it scared me a little. I'm trying to pretend that I am making it up in my head, but holy crap! I am a mini-me.

 Some favorite memorable moments of the trip:
-Chelsea market followed by a slice of Amy's Chocolate Cake on Highline Park
-Having my mom ask the hot Italian waiter at Grimaldi's to take a picture with me... loved that.
-Watching July 4th fireworks over the Hudson river from my rooftop with an amazing view
-Going to the American Girl Place for the first time. It was a lifelong dream come true!
-Freeman's Alley restaurant (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED little restaurant that is tucked away in an alley with the best atmosphere and amazing food) and then improv comedy at the Upright Citizen's Brigade

Anyway, needless to say I wore my mom out so badly that she pretty much crawled back to the airport swearing that she'd never come back.

We'll see about that... ;) mwahahahahah!

2 Comments {CLICK HERE TO COMMENT}:

ashley elizabeth wright said...

#1: WELCOME BACK!!
#2: OMG its funny bc my mom and i are the same way- i just wont admit it.
#3: you look great car car.
all my love.

MOM said...

I wish you wouldn't keep saying how frightening it is to be like me! lol But, if it's true and you are anything like me..... I'm guess I'm pretty darn fond of myself. You are my hero and the my favorite person in the world Carly girl. Despite me crawling my way out of the city, I had the best time EVER!