Friday, January 15, 2010

NY DOESN'T JOKE AROUND WITH THIS "CHRISTMAS" BUSINESS

As a matter of fact, I am still recuperating. Thus the lack of blogging since Thanksgiving. My bad.

I could not have asked for a better month of December! I've always heard about how wonderful New York is during the Christmas season, minus the frostbite, but it was really incredible to me just how WONDERFUL it really was. I didn't rest for a second for fear of missing out on all that this city had to offer. If this is all sounding sickeningly perky, you can just know that now that I am half-way through the month of January, I am sick for the second time, freezing, and stuck to the couch. How's that for perky?

But back to the perkiness. I am just going to sum up the festivities in one post full of captioned pictures. The festivities began with an explosion of people and floats for Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, and the city looked different from then on...

Photobucket
Everything exploded with small colored lights...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And the weather as I walked to work went from bad...
Photobucket
...to worse.
Photobucket
Which made getting outside to enjoy the following activities VERY daunting...
Photobucket
Photobucket
... but worth it. Especially going to see the Rockettes at Radio City. The live Nativity Scene and the perfectly aligned toy soldiers blew my mind...
Photobucket
...and going to see White Christmas with Caroline on Broadway, which is the day that my Christmas Spirit was at an all-time high...
Photobucket
...which was perhaps killed by this very creepy run-in with the famous Macy's Santa Claus...
Photobucket
...but don't worry, as soon as I saw these ladies with their matching sweaters napping at church, all the bad feelings that I got while sitting on the creepy fake-Santa's lap went away completely...
Photobucket
...and I even got to put ONE ornament on the tree in our cozy little apartment!
Photobucket
What more could a girl ask for out of the Christmas season?!

(time with family, you say? Don't worry, I got that too! That deserves its own post, though...)

3 Comments {CLICK HERE TO COMMENT}:

Lauren Kay said...

I'm such a good commenter.

Tears instantly came to my eyes as I saw the napping grannies in their sweaters. That's gotta be one of the all time best things I've ever seen!

Unknown said...

Bout time! It was worth the wait. The sleeping grannies are you-tube worthy! HA

Love you tons,
Momma G

Annie said...

NYC + Carly + Christmas season= obvious amazingness. New York looks good on you, Car! Love you!