Monday, August 31, 2009

{10} DAYS OF SUMMER

I'm a little overwhelmed by the thought of having to blog about specific happenings in Hawaii... it was great to try to get my head to stop moving at the speed of light and calm down a bit. It was amazing to be in the sun and swim in the perfect water. It was depressing to come back. That is pretty much the story, beginning to end.

Photobucket
I swam really far out from the boat one day with Luke and a member of the boat's crew and after tons of swimming and James pointing us in the right direction from back on the boat, we landed smack in the middle of a huge school of spinner dolphins. They were playful and swimming all around us, and there were a few babies the size of footballs. It was unreal.

I lived in Oahu for a summer and had a few edible requests, which I am sure doesn't shock those of you who know me... and everything was just about as good as I remembered. Mmmm. Especially all those shave ices, malasadas, and Haleiwa Joes. I will post a bunch of pics when I have time!
Photobucket
New York, I'll be seeing you in about 24 hours! :)

1 Comments {CLICK HERE TO COMMENT}:

Angie said...

Dolphins?! And BABY dolphins?!! I would die of pure joy. That is the coolest thing ever. I would've been sad to leave as well. Glad it was such an amazing trip.

p.s. I'm excited you're coming back! :)